Because of COVID-19 we’ve had to change some of our in-house policies, pertaining to handling waste & recycling. With the increase of take-out, verses dine-in, our single use items have increased significantly. Here are some of our initiatives that we continue to offer to help stay clean & green.
1. Since we are unable to accept and refill travel mugs during the pandemic we offer our paper cups with or without plastic lids. We are hopeful that we can soon beginning accepting customer's travel mugs to reduce unnecessary waste.
2. We offer paper straws for customers who choose to use a straw. Sadly many people still request plastic ones.
3. We continue to not offer single use condiments such as mayonnaise or ketchup packages, individuals butter pods or individual milk and creamer pods.
4. We compost mostly all our coffee grinds. Did you know that if food goes to the landfill and rots, it produces methane—a greenhouse gas even more potent than carbon dioxide.
5. We use biodegradable cups to serve our cold drinks in. These cups are corn based rather than petroleum based.
6. Whenever possible we sell prepackaged drinks in aluminum cans.
7. We offer filtered water in a biodegradable cup to discourage plastic water bottles usage.
8. We sort our waste before it hits curb side pickup.
If you have a simple green idea for us to consider, if so please contact us.